How to drink Japanese green tea| teaback, leaf tea, Konacha

How to brew tea in tea bags

When brewing tea carefully in a teapot, you need both tea leaves and a teacup, but tea bags are easy to enjoy with just one teacup or mug of your favorite tea. Let’s take a look at how to brew such tea bags for a delicious cup of tea.

Boil water

Boil enough water for the number of people, using the recommended amount of water on the package as a guide. Once the water boils, allow it to cool to the proper temperature for brewing Sencha. The key to brewing a good cup of sencha is to let the water cool down after boiling it.

Generally, the optimal temperature of water for brewing Sencha is 70°C to 80°C. If the package says the proper temperature, then use that temperature. (Reference: Prepare a cooler or heat-resistant cup. The temperature of the water drops 10°C each time you transfer the hot water.)

Put the teabag in a teacup.

Sencha tea leaves in tea bags are finely chopped to enhance flavor and aroma, so tea powder may spill out. When placing a teabag in a teacup, be careful not to contaminate the surrounding area with tea powder.

Pour hot water into the teacup.

Pour in the recommended amount of water on the package. This will depend on the tea, but a good rule of thumb is to fill the teacup to about the eighth part of its volume.

Extract the tea and take out the teabag.

After pouring in hot water, observe the extraction time on the package and wait. Then gently remove the teabag. After the delicious tea is made, enjoy it with a meal or snack.

Tokyo tea garden Recommended

How to brew delicious konacha (green tea)

1. Recommended Kyusu Teapot

For Kyusu teapots, we recommend the “Kyusu Teapot for Fukamushicha” with a net. It is easy for konacha to permeate the teapot and is less likely to clog.

2. Put tea leaves in the Kyusu Teapot

Place a spoonful (about 7g-10g) of konacha green tea leaves into the Kyusu teapot. (Approx. 2-3 servings, 1 serving is about 3g) Adjust the number of green tea leaves according to your Kyusu teapot and your preference.

3. Pour boiling water into the Kyusu Teapot.

Pour boiling water into the teapot. (Be careful not to burn yourself.) Pour the boiling water into the teapot.

The key is to use at most 70% of the hot water! The aroma of green tea spreads to the remaining 30% and is poured into the teacup.

4. Turn the Kyusu teapot slowly.

Turn the Kyusu teapot slowly so that the konacha spreads inside the Kyusu teapot.

5. Pour the green tea into the Yunomi teacups a little at a time.

Fill the Yunomi teacups evenly with a little green tea for each person.

The konacha is bright green. It is easy to taste and can be drunk in small quantities.

Tokyo tea garden Recommended

How to drink Green leaf tea type

Pour hot water into Yunomi teacups for the number of people. 

This is to allow the water to cool and to measure the amount of hot water.

2.Put the tea leaves into the Kyusu teapot.

The amount of leaf tea is about 2 grams for 60 cc per person.

3.Slowly pour the hot water from the pot into the Kyusu Teapot, and then wait quietly until the tea leaves open, about 1 minute.

After about 1 minute, when the tea leaves have opened, pour the tea evenly into the Yunomi teacups by turning the teapot 3 to 5 times according to your desired strength.

The tea leaves will be lighter in the Yunomi teacups at the beginning and darker later in the teacups, so pour the tea around to average the thickness of the green tea.

When pouring, be sure to squeeze out every last drop of tea so that none is left in the Kyusu teapot. This way, you can enjoy the second or third cup of tea. 

Tokyo tea garden Recommended

Mildly bitter and mellow! How to make “Matcha Latte

How to make a delicious matcha latte

Ingredients:

Matcha green tea, milk, sugar, etc.

(The proportion of matcha is about 2g (1 teaspoon) for 150ml of milk.

The ingredients are very simple.

Basically, all you need is matcha green tea, milk, and sugar. For 150 ml of milk, about 2 g (1 teaspoon) of matcha is recommended.

If you like bitterness, you can add a little more matcha, but be careful not to add too much, as it tends to lump together. You can also add whipped cream to taste, use soy milk instead of milk, or make any other arrangement you like.

Steps and points for making “Hot Matcha Latte

Add a small amount of hot water to matcha and sugar, and stir well.

Mix matcha and sugar first to prevent hardening. Add a small amount of hot water and mix well with a whisk. The matcha syrup is now ready.

 Pour milk and warm in microwave or add milk warmed in a pan.

You can put the matcha syrup from STEP 1 in a cup and pour milk into the cup to warm it in the microwave, or you can pour milk warmed in a pot into the matcha syrup. Also, reserve 

Tokyo tea garden Recommended

Follow me!